We lost David Bowie in January 2016, one of the most loved, creative, and inspirational individuals of all time. It would be unfair to call him just a musician without taking into account his unique fashion style. In the same vein, to refer to him as a rock star would not do justice to his acting career. Wherever he went and whatever he did, David Bowie’s clothes, as well as David Bowie himself, left an impression. So we’ve chosen one of his most iconic looks to transform into a Halloween costume. In the “Life on Mars?” video, he wore a blue suit with orange hair. Read on for more information!
During David Bowie’s performance, he wore an outfit.
This groovy costume calls for a suit as the first item of clothing. A powder blue suit should have a slim fit and be relatively thin. You can easily replicate David Bowie’s style by buying a replica of his claim, which usually includes the shirt and tie that will also be required.
First Class Slim Fit Suit for Boys in Black and Bianco.
- Sophistication and elegance meet blissful innocence. First-class slim suits are designed to have an elegantly slimming silhouette. Traditional craftsmanship is combined with modern aesthetics. Fabrics are rich, smooth, colorful, and are soft to the touch. His precious personality comes through in vibrant colors. For your little munchkins, we lighten and soften the fabric.
- This Blazer is as comfortable as it is excellent because it is lightweight and breathable. An interior border of the Blazer is hand-stitched and piped. A padded shoulder adds structure to the suit. For the inner lining, we used the sigil from our baby muffin collection. It’s a luxurious touch only felt by those who wear it.
- Slim-fit flat-front trousers have a slight break at the top where the pants skim the tops of the shoes. Each side of the trousers has two adjustable button straps and a zipper and button for closure. Each pair of trousers is extremely soft and comfortable to wear.
- Baby Muffin creates treasured, precious memories from small snapshots of time. It’s the soul and heart that go into our suits that make them so special. Our suits are faithful labors of love. Our dreams inspired it as children. Explore the infinite imaginations that extend to the farthest reaches of the universe. Craft an outfit that will endure for generations.
David Bowie Wig – David Bowie Hairstyle
In the Life on Mars music video, David Bowie has a somewhat unconventional hairstyle. In reality, many people are unlikely to be able to replicate the musician’s style here. Buying and wearing a ginger wig in a mullet style would be the easiest way to copy this hairstyle.
Adult British Popstar Wig Costume Adventure
- The ideal rock star wig for any rock star costume idea is the One Rocker Style Rockstar Wig.
- It is a theatrical quality red stardust wig that can be worn for plays, musicals, and other occasions.
- Dress up as your favorite 80’s character in this costume this Halloween. Rocker costumes will look great with this wig.
- Fits most adults.
- Medium-to-long-haired women should wear a wig cap.
- Avoid heating your wig! Synthetic fiber is used instead of human hair for this wig set. Avoid heating!
Rock Star Spiked Wig by Ruby’s Costume
- You can wear it with your rocker, punk, club kid, or witch costume.
- Since it comes in one size.
- Before wearing, remove from packaging, style, and store dry.
- Ruby’s product line has provided quality products, innovation, and value to costume-wearers for over 60 years.
Face painting of David Bowie
The singer has his face whitened throughout the Life on Mars music video. So your makeup for your David Bowie costume should start with a light layer of white face paint.
Paint your body and face with Snazaroo Classic
- Snazaroo body and face paints are made from cosmetic-grade ingredients. You will get full coverage as well as vibrant colors that will last all day. 18.8 grams (0.66 oz) of face paint are included in the package.
- Our scent-free and gentle face paints are designed specifically for children with sensitive skin. A professional toxicologist and an independent dermatologist have reviewed Snazaroo’s face paint. Snazaroo’s face paints are non-toxic, paraben-free, and fragrance-free, fully compliant with toy and cosmetic regulations.
- The face paints from Snazaroo are all water-based. Use a brush or sponge to apply the color smoothly on the skin after mixing a few drops of water with it. Removing the dirt with soap and warm water is all that’s necessary; no scrubbing or harsh removers are needed.
Clown White Mehron Makeup Professional Makeup
- A clown and mime’s first choice
- for covering without cracking or drying out
- during performances
- It has been specially formulated to be smooth and easy to work with
Using David Bowie’s eyeshadow
Putting on David Bowie’s makeup around his eyes is the last step in making your fancy dress. First, the tops and lids of your eyes must be outlined with eyeshadow. If you use eyeshadow, it should be blue and have a shimmery effect.
Dresses for men –
Michael Fish’s Man Dress, which Bowie wore to promote his androgynous appearance, was his first attempt at gender-bending and exploitation of his androgynous appearance. A photo of Bowie wearing the Man Dress appeared with the U.K. publication of The Man Who Sold The World, and he wore it extensively on his first promotional tour to the United States in 1971.
Let’s craft a few things! We used black gaffer tape on those big boys to get the most authentic-looking boots to match his kicks in the video. Make sure that there’s some silver showing, too! Are you still up for tape? Awesome! The tie should be red and white with one line on each side. Simple. Completed. Next, cosmetics and hair! You can choose between two hairstyles for the makeup tutorial below (phew! ). The red joker wig is also the right color and cut, but not the right color. Aaaaaaand, we have the Carol Brady, but it’s the wrong color. Your pony’s up to you, going. With decided to go with the blonde wig, cut it up slightly for the mullet style, and sprayed it
In Life on Mars, what kind of suit did David Bowie wear?
This turquoise “ice-blue” suit was designed by Bowie’s go-to fashion designer (as well as his lover and protege) from 1970 to 1974, and it appears in his May 1973 music video for “Life On Mars.” Watch it here.
Who designed David Bowie’s costumes?
In addition to being featured on the cover of Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps), Bowie wore the Blue Clown, or Pierrot, in the video for his “Ashes to Ashes” album.
More Costume Post
You’ll find many of your favorite horror movie costumes in our women’s collection. Spiderella, Morticia, Little Dead Riding Hood, Vampiress, Zombie Prom Queen, and Miss Scissorhands are just some of the options you have available so that you can quickly become something genuinely sinister and frightening.
The cartoon character Strawberry Shortcake first appeared in the 1980s before making a comeback in 2003. A television series led to books, movies, and more recently, video games that made her popular with little girls. Her freckle-faced reddish-pink hair is a perfect match for Strawberry Shortcake.
1 thought on “David Bowie Life on Mars Costume 2023”
Pingback: Eddie Van Halen Costume for Halloween 2022 - Costumes & Accessories Ideas For Everyone